24 September 2009

balconies and tomatoes

Hey all -- So this is the view from our balcony.  Right to Left (minus the HUGE tree blocking half of our view... hah)
Enjoy!






kinda cool huh?  I think so at least.. It's really nice to sit out there in the afternoon and sketch while listening to music when all my roommates are gone (no offense roommates...)

v this is the most amazing pasta I have ever cooked.  Even beats what we make at home mom! you'd be so proud! v



Probably looks kinda odd if u don't know what it is so i will explain.  I had just gone to the central market (pretty much an amazing farmers market on steroids)  They have ANYTHING you can imagine (cept apparently they don't have avacados here... not like that affects me much but random and who would have guessed...) anyways... back to my pasta.  I got homemade noodles (i think at least) Amazing olive oil, garlic, sundried tomatoes (soooo gooood here!) baby tomatoes, regular tomatoes, spinach, pecorino cheese, and a little basil with parmasean on top.  AMAZING!  had the same thing but on a flat bread last night so it was like a gormet pizza and had mac and cheese with everything cept the tomatoes the other day... SOOOO good!  but now i have no food left so it's back to basic mac and cheese and caprese salad for a night or two till i feel like embarrassing myself at the market with only italian numbers and thank you memorized.  

Anyways... That was serious ramble that I don't feel like going back and editing but summary I'm finally learning to cook, still frustrating getting around here, but i love it, especially those moments of peace and quiet I occasionally come by!
Miss you all and thanks for reading this and thinking of me!  About 100 days till i'm back in the good 'ol USofA.
Ciao!!

No comments:

Post a Comment