06 September 2009

Here is a sample of photos from a friend till i get to a place where my computer can get internet!!  
These photos are of my roommate Sofia, Me, and Hillary (another Student from Westmont randomly enough)  We went on a walking tour of florence with our school the other day and afterward decided to do a little more exploring over by the river area!  
The first picture is from the famous bridge in Florence that is in all the postcards.  (Historical Fact: This is the one bridge in Florence Hitler decided to not blow up.  It was his contribution to the art world.  The bridge on the other side is also an orriginal though it did get blown up but then was pieced back together!) 
The Second Photo is from the Boboli Gardens on the other side of the river!  Quite the walk but sooo worth it!  It was gorgeous and had such an amazing view of Florence from the top!  I don't know much about it other than it has a bunch of really old sculptures and was the property of the Medici family back in the day.  They're coat of arms logo thing is all over..
So basically i have been having an amazing time!  Almost wishing I didn't have to go to school here in a coupe days!! But my classes look amazing!  I'm taking Advance Drawing, Painting Conservation, Italian, and Ceramics!!  
O!  And for those of you who requested my address for mailing it is just SACI's address.  Apparently the mail system here for short term apartments isn't too reliable.  It's super easy for me to pick up letters at the SACI office though!  Also, if you want a postcard you need to email me your address (unless you are immediate family.. those i've already got!)

Mailing Address:  SACI - Studio Arts Centers International
Jacquelyn Purvis
Palazzo dei Cartelloni
Via Sant'Antonio, 11
50123 Firenze, Italy

And if you want to look me up on google maps or something this is my actual address:
XXVII Aprile, 15
Firenze, Italy


Miss you all and i'll try and update again soon!
CIAO!!


No comments:

Post a Comment