28 October 2009

ten hours closer to christmas

I just got back from a long weekend in London yesterday. It was fall break at my school so for the first half Hillary and I went to visit her friend Natalie who is doing the Pepperdine study abroad program there. We also got to visit my friend Clara who is attending a music school in the London area! The first weekend was full of tourist sights: the london eye, parliament, big ben, tate modern museum, piccadilly circus, abby road, tower bridge, etc... We hung out at the pepperdine house saturday and sunday evening which was nice since this hostel was not quite the same experience as our last one (in a negative way). Hillary has a video of our hostel if anyone really wants to see it! lol. But yeah, overall great weekend! Monday was nice too since we just had a relaxing day that ended in hanging out with Clara at her pub and then seeing a movie in english at the O2. We saw couples retreat! very entertaining! So yeah, thats about the basics of it all. Oh Getting TO london friday was quite the fiasco. Our flight was canceled due to airline strikes in italy and paris... so we hung out in the pisa airport for... oh about 12 hours. one of the worst travel days of my life! Luckily the weekend made up for it!
For the rest of this week i'm enjoying an empty apartment and doing my own thing for a couple days! It's been just what I need so far at least!
Also, in about 5 days my parents will be here which I'm really looking forward too! Europe semester through westmont will be stationed out of Florence starting next week as well! Looking forward to that too!!
For halloween I'm volunteering at a kids carnival at St.James church. I'm on the decorating committee and will be helping out in some way for the actual carnival! Should be really fun!!
Happy halloween I guess! And happy end of October! Crazy how fast time goes by!

ciao!

here are some of my london photos!

this is clara working at her pub "The Yacht"


Tower Bridge (aka the famous bridge in london)


sign for the real london bridge


platform 9 and 3/4 (for those who don't know anything about harry potter... this is how he gets to hogwarts.... the train through this wall...)


abby road (picture fail -- good one is on hillary's camera!)


hillsong church in london! message sucked but the music was amazing!


hillary and I in front of Harrods! (the famous department store in london -- very expensive!!)


it's fall here! the parks were possibly my favorite part of london!!


the queen wasn't home :-(


natalie and hillary walking through one of london's many parks! gorgeous!


hillary and I with the london eye in the background!


another famous church!.......


typical telephone booth picture! got to have it! (inside is hillary and i)

This is hillary and I after about 10 hours at pisa airport! we were a little bored and going a bit crazy by this point!






No comments:

Post a Comment